The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submissions of new scripts from Portland metro area playwrights for the PCTG 2022 New Play Award. A reading of the winning play will be produced as part of Fertile Ground Festival of New Works in 2022.
• The winning playwright will receive an award of $500.
• Playwrights who live, work, study or participate in Portland area theatre are invited to submit scripts.
• The Portland Civic Theatre Guild will produce a reading of the winning script, with paid professional actors and a director.
• Submissions must be original full-length plays that have not been produced (previous workshops and readings are acceptable).
• Translations, musicals, and children’s plays will not be considered.
• The play may have 1-6 characters. Plays with more than 6 characters will be disqualified. A list of characters must follow the title page.
• The play may not be scheduled for professional production at the time of submission.
• The manuscript must be written in standard professional play format.
• Submissions will be accepted electronically in PDF format.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 26, 2021.
• Include your name and contact information on the title page. A brief biography should be included at the end of the manuscript (not to exceed one page).
• Subject line should read: Title of Play, Author’s Name, New Play 2022. Example: Hamlet, William Shakespeare, New Play 2022.