Portland Civic Theatre Guild 2023 Playwriting Competition Opens: Prize Increases to $750
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submissions from Portland Metro Area playwrights for a new play as part of our 2023 New Play Award.
Submissions will be accepted starting March 1, 2022.
Submission deadline is July 18, 2022.
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild will produce a reading of the selected new play as part of our 2023 New Play Award. The production will include a paid professional director and paid professional actors, either in person or virtual.
The winning playwright will receive an honorarium of $750.
- Submissions must be original full-length plays that have not been produced (though previous workshops and readings are okay). Translations, musicals, one act and children’s plays will not be accepted. The playwright must be from the Portland Metro Area.
- The play may have 1-6 characters. Plays with more than 6 characters, including those in which one actor plays multiple roles, will not be considered.
- Submissions are limited to one play per playwright.
- Plays previously submitted for the PCTG New Play Award will not be considered.
- The play must not be scheduled for professional production at the time of submission.
- The manuscript must be written in standard professional play format. A list of characters must be included.
- Please include your name and contact information on the title page. A brief biography may be included, but this is not required.
- Subject line for submission should read: 2023 PCTG New Play Award, Title of Play, Playwright’s Name.
- Submissions will be accepted electronically in PDF format.
Please send submissions to email@example.com by July 18, 2022.