Portland Area Playwrights! Do you have a new play you would like read for Fertile Ground 2018?
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submissions from Portland Metro area playwrights for a new play as part of Fertile Ground 2018.
Submission deadline is August 20, 2017.
• The Portland Civic Theatre Guild will produce a reading of the selected new play by a Portland metro area playwright as part of the 2018 Fertile Ground Festival of New Works. The production will include a paid professional director and paid professional actors.
• The playwright will receive a stipend of $200.
• Submissions must be original full-length plays that have not been produced (though previous workshops and readings are okay). Translations, musicals, and children’s plays will not be accepted. The playwright must be from the Portland Metro Area.
• The play must have 1-6 characters. Plays with more than 6 characters will be disqualified.
• The play must not be scheduled for professional production at the time of submission.
• The manuscript must be written in standard professional play format.
• Please include your name and contact information on the title page. A brief biography may be included at the end of the manuscript, but this is not required. Subject line for submission should read: Title of Play, Playwright’s Name, Fertile Ground 2018.
• Submissions will be accepted electronically in PDF format. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20.
Previous winning plays include:
The Sweatermakers by Andrew Wardenaar
Love is Enough by Donna Barrow-Green
Deception by Nancy Moss
Rimbaud’s Daughter in Louisiana (or The Drunken Pirogue) by Steve Patterson
Badge of Honor by Tim Blough
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is an all volunteer organization. Its mission is to serve and support Portland’s theatre community. The Guild’s programs include:
• Our First Tuesday Reader’s Theatre season from October through May at The Sanctuary.
• Awards and Fellowships including the Leslie O. Fulton Fellowship, the Portland Civic Theatre Award in Support of Theatre, and the Mary Brand Theatre for Youth Program.
• The Drammy Awards
Please direct questions about PCTG’s New Play Award to email@example.com.